Policy on Protection of Personal Information
Recognizing that FUJIFILM Corporation has its important social responsibility to protect personal information, we establish the following “Policy on Protection of Personal Information” in order to fulfill the responsibility, and we are committed to ensuring the protection and proper use of personal information:
1. Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information in a legal and proper way.
2. Purpose of Use
We use personal information collected by us solely for the purposes of use described below, and we do not, except as permitted by law, use the same beyond these purposes of use without the prior consent of the individual. If in collecting personal information we inform the individual of specific purposes of use, we use personal information within the scope of such purposes.
2.1. Customer’s Personal Information
2.1.1. Provision of products and services, and provision of information related to products and services
(1) Shipping and provision of our products and services, and provision of repair, after-sales and other services for products;
(2) Provision of content through the internet, and provision of email distribution and other services;
(3) Announcement of information, and distribution of catalogs and brochures, relating to products and services of the group companies of FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation; and
(4) Provision, announcement, organization, and management of various information, including announcements of events, contests, and campaigns hosted, co-hosted, sponsored, and attended by the group companies of FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
2.1.2. Questionnaire survey
Conduct of questionnaire, monitoring and other surveys for planning, development, and promotion of products and services of the group companies of FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, and for any other business activities performed by us and our affiliates.
(1) Shipping of prizes, giveaways, and any other goods distributed;
(2) Response to inquiries and brochure requests;
(3) Preparation of statistical materials that provide fundamental information for developing products and improving services;
(4) Control of access to our facilities;
(5) Conduct of investigations and keeping of records pursuant to laws, regulations, and any other requirements, filing of documents and reports with governmental agencies, public authorities, and any similar organizations, and audit processes; and
(6) Provision of the information to third parties, either with the consent of the individual or pursuant to law, to the extent required to achieve the foregoing purposes of use.
2.2. Personal Information of Individual Business Partners or Individuals Who Are Affiliated with Corporate Business Partners
(1) Preparation for and performance of business transactions, and management of contracts;
(2) Control of access to our facilities;
(3) Conduct of investigations and keeping of records pursuant to laws, regulations, and any other requirements, filing of documents and reports with governmental agencies, public authorities, and any similar organizations, and audit processes; and
(4) Provision of the information to third parties, either with the consent of the individual or pursuant to law, to the extent required to achieve the foregoing purposes of use.
We take reasonable security and remediation measures as applicable to protect personal information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, disclosure, and other risks. Further information can be found in the Information Security Policy and the Information Security Report.
4. No Provision to Third Party
We do not, except as permitted by law, disclose or provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the individual. We do not also disclose or provide personal related information to any third party without first confirming the obtaining of his/her consent as required by law.
5. Joint Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information collected by us jointly with FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation and its group companies. If we otherwise inform the individual in collecting his/her personal information, we use the same for such purpose(s) of which the individual is informed.
|Items of personal information that may be jointly used:||Name, organization-related information (company name, department name, etc.), title, address, phone number, fax number, email address, voice, history of products purchased (including leases and rentals) and services used.|
|Scope of joint use:||FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation and its group companies.|
|Purposes of joint use:||
(1) The extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use of which we inform the individual or that are made public by us, in collecting his/her personal information, and
(2) Conduct of investigations and keeping of records pursuant to laws, regulations, and any other requirements, filing of documents and reports with governmental agencies, public authorities, and any similar organizations, and audit processes.
|Controller responsible for managing personal information for joint use:||FUJIFILM Corporation|
6. Notification of Purpose of Use; Disclosure, Correction, etc. and Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
Upon request for notification of purposes of use, request for disclosure, correction, etc. or suspension of use, etc. of personal information, or request for disclosure of a record on the provision of personal information to third parties, we will, after verification of the individual’s personal identity, respond to such request promptly to a reasonable extent in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and our specified procedure.
For request for notification of purposes of use of, disclosure of, correction or addition to or deletion of, and suspension of use or erasure of, personal information (retained personal data) under the “Personal Information Protection Act,” please refer to the following:
7. Legal Compliance, Improvement
We comply with personal information protection laws and regulations and relevant guidelines, and we regularly review and seek to improve and enhance internal measures for personal information protection.
8. Handling of Individual Number and Specific Personal Information
With regard to the handling of individual numbers and specific personal information, we have separately established our “Basic Policy on Proper Handling of Individual Numbers and Specific Personal Information” and comply with the “Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures,” other relevant laws and regulations, and any other applicable rules.
For our procedures for disclosure, etc. of an individual number or specific personal information, please refer to the following:
For request for disclosure, etc. of specific personal information, etc., please follow the procedure contained in:
1. Scope of Application
2. Collection of Personal Information
(1) You may, in principle, access the Website without disclosing their personal information; provided that you will be required to provide their personal information if the Company accepts their user registration or subscription to email newsletter or responds to an inquiry from you.
(2) The Company may analyze your access to website and may use results thereof solely to improve the Website and for marketing activities of the Company and its group companies.
3. Use of SSL/TLS
(1) When you provide your personal information through the Website, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)/ TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption or similar security technology will be used to prevent communication interception, etc. by third parties. If you use a browser that does not support SSL/TLS or similar technology, he/she may be unable to access the Website. In some rare cases, your computer environment may not allow him/her to use these technologies, in which case a notice will be displayed that communication security cannot be secured.
(2) The Company may receive inquiries from you via email by posting its email address(es) for receiving inquires on the Website. If you make an inquiry via email, the content of communication is not encrypted and the content might be read by a third party who has unlawfully intercepted the communication, which please note before making an inquiry via email.
4. Use of Cookie,*1 Equivalent Technologies, Web Beacon,*2 and IP Address
- To be able to provide customized services for you, by referring to your registration information stored when you log into an authentication service;
- To investigate the number of users or traffic on the Website;
- To improve the Company’s services;
- To prompt you to re-enter (re-authenticate) their password upon the elapse of a certain period of time after their use of the Website in order to maintain security; and
- In relation to services that require you to register their personal information in advance, to make use of their browsing history, questionnaire results, and other information for marketing activities.
The Company may save and refer to its cookies via a third party outsourced by the Company for the delivery of advertisements under the outsourcing contract.
Please note, however, that in such case, there may be restrictions on the use of various services on the internet, such as being unable to use customization or some other functionality or receive services requiring authentication.
5. Use of Google Analytics
The Company may use Google Analytics to analyze data on usage of the Website. Google Analytics collects data on access to the Company’s website by using first-party cookies without identifying individuals.
For further information on Google Analytics, please see the following page:
6. Handling on Websites Linked to the Website
Personal Information of Children under 16 Years Old
Personal information of children under the age of 16 must be provided with the consent of their parent or guardian.
Questions and inquiries about your personal information will be handled by the section in charge at the Company, the contact information of which has been provided to you.
If you do not know which section of the Company to contact, please contact the Customer Communications Center.
Inquiries about “Policy on Protection of Personal Information”
Customer Communications Center (Navi Dial)
Service hours: 10:00 to 17:00 from Monday to Friday (closed on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, summer business holidays, and year-end and new-year holidays)
* If Navi Dial is unavailable, please call 03-6625-2811.
* The Center is open for reduced service hours as part of preventive measures for COVID-19.
* FUJIFILM Group companies may record calls from you to gain an accurate understanding of the content of the calls.
* Personal information obtained from you in responding to inquiries via a phone call or other means may be used at a later date to request them to answer a questionnaire about inquiries.
For inquiries regarding Individual Number and Specific Personal Information, please contact the FUJIFILM Group Individual Numbers Center.
Contact for Inquiries about Individual Number and Specific Personal Information
FUJIFILM Group Individual Numbers Center (at FUJIFILM Business Expert Corporation)
Service hours for telephone inquiries: 9:00 to 17:40 (closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays)
Revised on April 1, 2022