TOKYO, September 2, 2021 – FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Teiichi Goto) is pleased to announce that it will gradually launch the “FUJIFILM X-T30 II” (X-T30 II) in late September 2021. It is a new addition to the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras known for their compact, lightweight body and superior image quality based on the company’s proprietary color reproduction technology.
The X-T30 II renewed the software while inheriting the compact and lightweight camera body, popular with the mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T30” (the previous model), and delivers an advanced level of AF speed and precision and image quality equivalent to the X Series’ flagship model, “FUJIFILM X-T4” (X-T4). The X-T30 II has also evolved from the previous model in terms of hardware, as seen in the use of a high-resolution 1.62-million-dot LCD monitor on the rear panel. It enables comfortable shooting of high-quality stills as well as full-scale 4K/30p video.
The X-T30 II is a mirrorless digital camera that features a 26.1MP “X-Trans™ CMOS 4” *1 sensor and a high-speed “X-Processor 4” image-processing engine in a compact and lightweight body that weighs approximately 378g*2 to produce premium-quality images. The camera offers a fast and accurate AF system that has the focusing speed as fast as 0.02 seconds and also boasts exceptional ability to track a moving subject. It can autofocus even in near darkness conditions at -7.0EV*3 to accurately capture a subject in nightscape photography or indoor photography with low light.
The X-T30 II comes with a total of 18 Film Simulation modes, including “Classic Neg,” ideal for snapshots, and the low-saturation and high-contrast “ETERNA Bleach Bypass,” which produces impressive atmosphere. The expanded lineup allows users to enjoy a diverse range of color reproduction styles. The algorithm for “AUTO” mode has been updated to easily produce beautiful pictures by automatically identifying the type of shooting scenes and applying the optimum shooting settings.
Furthermore, the camera features functions that deliver smooth 4K/30p video with rich tonality as well as high-speed full-HD video at 240p, and is fitted with a high-resolution 1.62-million-dot three-inch tilting touchscreen LCD monitor, helping users capture stills and videos alike with ease.
Fujifilm will continue to deliver the wonder and joy of photography with the X Series including the new X-T30 II, GFX Series of large-format sensor cameras and an extensive lineup of interchangeable lenses that now added the new large-diameter wide-angle prime lens “FUJINON Lens XF23mmF1.4 R LM WR” and the large-diameter standard prime lens “FUJINON Lens XF33mmF1.4 R LM WR,” both announced today.
1. Product features
(1) Fast and highly accurate AF that attains focus in as fast as 0.02 seconds to capture a decisive photo opportunity
- The X-T30 II is equipped with the 26.1MP “X-Trans™ CMOS 4” sensor and the high-speed image processing engine “X-Processor 4” to enable fast and accurate AF of up to 0.02 seconds, equivalent to the AF speed of the X Series’ flagship model “X-T4.” Phase detection pixels are placed across the sensor surface (approx. 100% coverage) to attain focus accurately even on a subject away from the center of the frame, ensuring to capture a decisive photo opportunity.
- The AF system uses the latest algorithm to achieve improved AF ability for tracking a moving subject compared to the previous model. It can precisely track a subject that is moving toward and even moving away from the camera. Its Face / Eye AF function keeps a subject’s face / eyes in focus even in portrait photography that involves subject movements, making portraiture easy.
- The camera can also autofocus accurately in near darkness conditions at -7.0EV, enabling nightscape photography or indoor photography with low light.
- The camera delivers blackout-free burst shooting*4 at up to 8fps in the mechanical shutter mode and up to 30fps in the electronic shutter mode.
(2) Fujifilm’s unique Film Simulation modes and evolved AUTO function to deliver exceptional image quality
- The X-T30 II comes with a total of 18 Film Simulation modes including “Classic Neg,” based on color negative films typically used in snapshots, and “ETERNA Bleach Bypass,” which faithfully simulates the film processing technique of bleach bypass. The expanded lineup allows users to enjoy a diverse range of color reproduction styles, as if choosing a different photo film that suits each situation.
- The algorithm has been updated for “AUTO” mode, which determines the type of a shooting scene based on information such as the presence of persons, colors and brightness and automatically adjusts shooting settings accordingly, and the “SP (Scene Position)” mode, which allows users to choose shooting settings based on the type of a scene. The Color Chrome Effect (blue), Clarity, D Range and other settings can be automatically adjusted to make it easy to produce clear and vivid landscape photographs or portraiture that makes the main subject stand out. Even in back-lit situations, the camera can deliver premium-quality images with minimal highlight- and shadow-clippings.
(3) Extensive video-recording functions
- The X-T30 II uses the amount of data equivalent to 6K to generate 4K video to assure high resolution with minimal noise. The camera can output 4K/30P video at 8 bit 4:2:0 onto an SD card, and 4K/30P video at 10 bit 4:2:2 to HDMI.
- Furthermore, it now supports full-HD 240P high-speed video, capable of replaying a momentary action of a fast-moving subject in slow motion in up to 10x.
(4) Excellent operability for comfortable shooting
- The camera features the Shutter Speed Dial on the top panel to enable fully manual shooting. The dial allows users to check a current setting visually, so that they can prepare for the next shots even while the camera is turned off. The Auto Mode Selector lever is also provided for a quick activation of the AUTO mode for added operability.
- On the rear panel is a high-resolution 1.62-million-dot tilting 3-inch touchscreen monitor, which provides clear live-view images for checking a photo subject, making it easier than ever to shoot stills and videos.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation
Corporate Communications Division,
Public Relations Group
Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following website.