TOKYO, May 31, 2022 – FUJIFILM Corporation (President and CEO, Representative Director: Teiichi Goto) announces the launch of the “FUJINON Lens XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR” (XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR) in July 2022. The new lens joins the extensive lineup of interchangeable XF lenses designed for the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras, which are renowned for their compact and lightweight design and outstanding image quality delivered with Fujifilm’s proprietary color reproduction technology.
The XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR is a zoom lens that covers focal lengths ranging from the telephoto 150mm to the super-telephoto 600mm (equivalent to 229mm - 914mm in the 35mm film format). It weighs just 1605g*1 and sports a powerful image stabilization mechanism as well as fast and highly accurate AF system to deliver excellent mobility. Users can shoot distant wildlife, wild birds or athletes hand-held and produce high-quality results.
The XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR covers up to the super-telephoto focal length of 600mm (equivalent to 914mm in the 35mm film format), the longest in the history of XF lenses*2. It can also be coupled with the “XF2X TC WR” teleconverter, which can extend the focal length of lenses, to reach up to 1200mm (equivalent to 1828mm in the 35mm film format), allowing liberal framing unrestricted by shooting distance to capture wildlife and wild birds, or tracking athletes across all corners of a vast stadium in sports photography.
The XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR consists of 24 lens elements in 17 groups, including three ED lenses and four Super-ED lenses, effectively suppressing chromatic aberration and delivering a high level of edge-to-edge image resolving performance across the entire zoom range. Furthermore, it weighs just 1605g*1 despite being a zoom lens covering a broad range of shooting distances. The use of the Inner Zoom system means the lens barrel does not extend, thus minimizing shift in weight distribution balance during zooming for stable hand-held shooting. The lens also features a 5.0-stop*3 image stabilization mechanism and an AF system that attains focus in as quickly as 0.15 seconds*4, ensuring that users do not miss any decisive photo opportunities.
Adding the XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR to an extensive lineup of lenses, Fujifilm will continue to offer photographic pleasure with the X Series, covering a wide range of photographic categories.
1. Product features
(1) Super telephoto zoom lens with the longest focal length in the history of XF lenses*2 in pursuit for premium image quality
- The zoom lens covers focal lengths ranging from the telephoto 150mm to the super-telephoto 600mm (equivalent to 229mm - 914mm in the 35mm film format). The super-telephoto focal length of 600mm, the longest in the history of XF lenses, makes it a perfect choice for shooting subjects in long distance in wildlife, birds and sports photography.
- The lens is compatible with the teleconverters “XF2X TC WR” and “XF1.4X TC WR.” When coupled with the XF2X TC WR, the lens covers focal lengths from 300mm to 1200mm (equivalent to 457mm – 1828mm in the 35mm film format).
- The lens, consisting of 24 lens elements in 17 groups including three ED lenses and four Super ED lenses, thoroughly suppresses chromatic aberration, typically seen in super-telephoto lenses. It delivers a high level of edge-to-edge image-resolving performance across the entire zoom range.
- The High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating (HT-EBC), Fujifilm’s multi-layer coating typically used on broadcast lenses, has been applied on all elements to achieve high transmittance and low reflectance despite containing 24 lens elements to produce images with exceptional sharpness and clarity.
Lens consists of 24 lens elements in 17 groups, including three ED lenses and four Super ED lenses.
Taking advantage of the super telephoto focal length of 600mm (equivalent to 914mm in the 35mm format) to zoom in on a distant subject.
(2) Rugged yet lightweight design to reduce user load, enabling extended shooting in a variety of situations
- The lens features two Super ED lenses as front elements to maintain strong image-resolving performance but adopted compact barrel design in order to reduce overall weight. It weighs just 1605g despite being a super-telephoto zoom reaching up to 600mm (equivalent to 914mm in the 35mm film format).
- The use of the Inner Zoom system means the lens barrel has an uncomplicated, non-extending structure, thus reducing the lens weight and minimizing shift in weight distribution balance for comfortable zooming.
- Magnesium alloy is used for the internal base frame that supports the lens structure to keep the weight low and make it robust at the same time.
- The lens body is in matte silver to mitigate its temperature increase during operation. The lens barrel is weather-sealed at 19 points to ensure dust and weather resistance and ability to operate at temperatures down to -10℃. This means the lens can withstand extended use in sweltering heat or under rough weather.
(3) Powerful 5.0-stop image stabilization mechanism
- The accuracy in sensing camera shake has been dramatically improved to provide powerful 5.0-stop image stabilization, facilitating hand-held photography in the super telephoto region, which is susceptible to camera shakes.
(4) Fast and silent AF actuated easily
- The lens uses the Inner Focus system, which drives the compact and lightweight focus lens group with a linear motor, to achieve a fast and silent AF, attaining focus in as fast as 0.15 seconds in the wide angle end and 0.25 seconds*5 in the telephoto end. Users can capture a subject quickly and precisely even in the hard-to-focus super-telephoto range, ensuring to capture a decisive photo opportunity.
- The Focus Preset function is featured so that the focus can be shifted to a location pre-defined with the Focus Preset button*6. This reduces users’ operation workload as they don’t need to re-adjust focus on a targeted subject.
- The lens also features the Focus Limiter*7, allowing users to restrict the lens’s AF range. This can effectively shorten AF time when photographing a subject that is five meters away or more.
- The Focus Control button*6 is placed at the front edge of the lens barrel. Press this button to instantly recall a function you have assigned with the Focus Selector*6 for smooth AF operation.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation
Corporate Communications Division,
Public Relations Group
Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following website.