The Management of FUJIFILM NZ Limited is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for its Workers, Visitors, and all persons using the premises as a place of work.
To ensure a safe and healthy work environment, Management will develop and maintain a Health and Safety Management System. Specifically, management will:
- Set health and safety objectives and performance criteria for all managers and work areas;
- Annually review health and safety objectives and Mangers’ performance;
- Actively encourage the accurate and timely reporting and recording of all incidents and injuries;
- Investigate all reported incidents and injuries to ensure all contributing factors are identified and, where appropriate, plans are formulated to take corrective action;
- Actively encourage the early reporting of any pain or discomfort;
- Provide a treatment and rehabilitation plan that ensures a safe, early and durable return to work;
- Identify all existing and new hazards and take all practical steps to eliminate, isolate or minimise the exposure to any hazards deemed to be significant;
- Ensure that all Workers are made aware of the hazards in their work area and are adequately trained to enable them to perform their duties in a safe manner;
- Encourage Worker consultation and participation in all matters relating to health and safety;
- Enable employees to elect Health and Safety Representatives;
- Promote a system of continuous improvement, including the annual review of policies and procedures;
- Meet our obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, Health and Safety Regulations, Codes of Practice, and any relevant Standards or Guidelines.
Every Worker of the company is expected to share in the commitment to health and safety.
- Every Manager has a responsibility for the health and safety of those Workers working under their direction; and
- Each Worker is expected to play a vital and responsible role in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace through:
- Observing all safe work procedures, rules and instructions;
- The early reporting of any pain or discomfort;
- Taking an active role in the company’s treatment and rehabilitation plan, to ensure an ‘early and durable return to work’; and
- Ensuring that all incidents, injuries and hazards are reported to the Manager.
The Health and Safety Committee includes senior management representatives and elected health and safety representatives. The Committee is responsible for the implementation, monitoring, review and planning of health and safety policies, systems and practices.