TOKYO, November 2, 2022 – FUJIFILM Corporation (President and CEO, Representative Director: Teiichi Goto) announces that it will launch the “FUJINON Lens XF30mmF2.8 R LM WR Macro” (XF30mmF2.8 R LM WR Macro) sequentially after the middle of November 2022. The lens will be a new addition to the lineup of interchangeable XF lenses designed for the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras, renowned for their compact and lightweight design and outstanding image quality based on Fujifilm's proprietary color reproduction technology.
The XF30mmF2.8 R LM WR Macro is a standard prime lens with the focal length of 30mm (equivalent to 46mm in the 35mm film format). Its standard 30mm focal length provides the angle of view perfect for portraiture and snapshots that take advantage of natural perspectives. The minimum focus distance of 10cm*1 and the maximum magnification ratio of 1:1 (equivalent to 1.5x in the 35mm film format) mean the lens is highly versatile, adapting to a variety of situations, with its capacity to go up close and personal to the subject in limited space, e.g. tabletop photography of food. It is designed compact and equipped with fast, accurate and quiet AF for high mobility.
The XF30mmF2.8 R LM WR Macro consists of 11 lens elements in nine groups, including three aspherical lenses and two ED lenses to deliver high image-resolving performance. The standard 30mm focal length (equivalent to 46mm in the 35mm film format), which is close to the field of view for humans, makes it an ideal choice for portraiture and snapshots in natural perspectives. The minimum focus distance of 10cm means the lens can approach a subject up to as close as 1.2cm from the front lens element. The maximum magnification rate of 1:1 (equivalent to 1.5x in the 35mm film format) provides the ability for true 1:1 macro photography to enlarge the finest details of a subject, adding diversity to photographic expressions.
The XF30mmF2.8 R LM WR Macro also uses the Inner Focus system, in which a linear motor drives the focusing group of lens elements to deliver fast and highly accurate AF. Furthermore, the compact design, measuring about 69.5mm and weighing about 195g thanks to the compact and lightweight X Mount system*2, delivers advanced mobility.
With the extensive lineup of 41 lenses including the XF30mmF2.8 R LM WR Macro, Fujifilm offers broad coverage in photographic categories to enhance users’ photographic pleasure, provided by the X Series of mirrorless cameras equipped with the APS-C sensor.
1. Product features
(1) Standard macro lens capable of diverse photographic expressions
- The lens’s design, consisting of 11 lens elements in nine groups including three aspherical lenses and two ED lenses, controls various forms of aberration including chromatic aberration, spherical aberration and field curvature to deliver advanced image-resolving performance. The standard 30mm focal length (equivalent to 46mm in the 35mm film format), which is close to human eyes’ field of view, makes it an ideal choice for portraiture and snapshots in natural perspectives.
- The minimum focus distance of 10cm enables users to approach a subject up to just 1.2cm from the front lens element. The lens also offers the maximum magnification ratio of 1:1 (equivalent to 1.5x in the 35mm film format). This means users can enjoy dynamic macro photography capturing fine details of plants and insects, as well as tabletop photography of foods in close-up in limited space, enabling diverse photographic expressions.
(2) Fast and accurate AF in a compact design
- The lens uses the Inner Focus system, in which a compact and lightweight focusing lens group is driven by a linear motor to attain accurate focus in as fast as 0.02 seconds*3. The system facilitates quiet and smooth focusing in close-up photography, which involves large movements of focusing lens elements. The linear motor’s advanced resolution capability ensures focusing accuracy even in macro photograph, which has a very shallow depth of field.
- The compact design, weighing about 195g and measuring about 69.5mm with the filter thread size of 43mm, has been achieved by optimizing the shape and placement of aspherical elements and reducing the weight of lens components. Metal is used for exterior parts to add a touch of elegance to the lens’s looks despite its high portability.
(3) Dust and weather resistant structure capable of operating at low temperatures
The lens barrel is weather-sealed in nine places to ensure dust and weather resistance and ability to operate at temperatures down to -10℃. This lens allows users to continue shooting even in outdoors in light rain or in a dusty environment.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation
Corporate Communications Division,
Public Relations Group
Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following website.