Service and warranty repairs
Before contacting us, please do the following:
- Make sure you use the camera according to the instructions for use. It can be found on the supplied CD-ROM. Make sure you have fully charged original batteries in the camera and that they are inserted correctly.
- Make sure you have the latest firmware installed on the camera. You can find the latest version
The software update can solve a lot of problems.
Submitting a product for repair through a dealer
- Deliver camera / lens to your dealer. The store registers the service and arranges the transport to our camera workshop, and you pick up the camera / lens in the store when the repair is complete. The store can help you judge whether a repair is covered by warranty or not. The store can also answer your questions about ongoing service.
Submitting a product for repair directly to us
- If the camera / lens was purchased abroad or if you do not have the opportunity to deliver the camera / lens in the store, you can register the service and send the camera / lens directly to us.
1) Register your repair here
Please note that you must register each product separately. If you for example want to send in a camera and a lens you must register both camera and lens, separately. Failing in doing so can cause problems in the UK customs and delay your repair significantly.
It is IMPORTANT that you provide your telephone number and email address!
We use TNT or UPS, which delivers the repaired camera / lens directly to your door.
2) Print your receipt and put it on the outside of the package. Please note that the receipt is not a shipping label valid for transport.
3) Please pack the product properly so that it is not damaged during transport. Send ONLY the accessories that may be relevant for the repair. Also, do not forget to remove the memory card in the camera, as Fujifilm does not take responsibility for images that are lost on the card.
4) Send the package to the address below:
Silent Transport / TNT Returer Fujifilm
Otto Torells Gata 10
432 44 Varberg
How long does the repair take and how is the camera / lens sent back?
Due to both Brexit and Covid-19, our workshop, which is located in the UK, has been exposed to a sharp delay in deliveries. Your repair can therefore unfortunately take an unusually long time at the moment
A repair takes approx. 10-15 working days from when we have received your camera / lens, but may take longer in high season. We will send the camera / lens in return to the address you provided when registering, unless otherwise agreed. We use TNT, which delivers the camera / lens to the store where you handed in the camera / lens, or directly to your home, if you have sent the camera / lens directly to us.
If we do not get a response from you, we keep the camera / lens for three months, after which we send the camera / lens back to the customer and invoice for check and shipping.
A copy of the receipt must be attached to all warranty repairs. If the receipt is not included, we cannot repair the camera / lens on warranty. All cameras / lenses that come in without a receipt will be treated as chargeable repairs.
For cameras and lenses purchased in Sweden, the warranty period is 2 years from the first date of purchase. Batteries and chargers have a 6 month warranty. Fujifilm offers a 1-year world warranty for cameras / lenses purchased abroad or from a foreign online store.
Errors outside warranty and costs
If the workshop detects faults outside the warranty, we will contact you. We charge for price estimates according to current price list. For repairs where the fault is due to a user fault / handling fault, if no fault is discovered, if the product is exposed to external influences such as sand, water, shock, etc., a cost will be added according to price-list. Repair camera / lens according to price estimate, fee for check and shipping is included in the price. If the camera / lens is returned without repair being carried out, a cost will be added according to price list. Shipping to the workshop is the customer's responsibility.
Check and repair is paid in advance (private customer) or in arrears (dealer).
Complaint of service
Fujifilm provides a 3-month warranty on the work. It is therefore important that you test the camera / lens as soon as you get it back from service to be able to detect any errors. If the same error occurs within three months, send us a camera / lens and we will repair the error.
If you have a complaint on your FUJIFILM product, we ask you to contact your dealer.