CTP - VLFNEW
The PlateRite Ultimas brings outstanding levels of productivity to the large-format CTP market. It allows high-speed production on a range of plate sizes, from 4-page plates up to the largest 48-page plates.
Outstanding levels of productivity
The PlateRite Ultimas brings outstanding levels of productivity to the large-format CTP market. These incredibly fast output devices head up the Screen PlateRite family of thermal platesetters. It allows high-speed production on a range of plate sizes, from 4-page plates up to the largest 48-page plates.
PlateRite Ultima 16000IINEW
The PlateRite Ultima 16000II series is redefining the large-format plate-making market.
With a minimum plate size of 25.6" x 21.7" and a maximum plate size of 57.9" x 45.9", the PlateRite Ultima 16000II series is the ideal output device for 4-, 8- and 16-page plates.
The most productive platesetter in its class, the PlateRite Ultima 16000II series is used to produce plates for materials as diverse as black-and-white books and multicolor packaging.
Like all the models in the PlateRite Ultima series, it incorporates a 512-channel laser diode head based on Grating Light Valve imaging technology.
The PlateRite Ultima 16000II series includes three models.
- The PlateRite Ultima 16000IIE produces 57" x 45" plates at the rate of 17 plates per hour.
- The PlateRite Ultima 16000IIS achieves a rate of 25 plates per hour.
- The high-speed PlateRite Ultima 16000IIZ delivers 31 plates per hour.
PlateRite Ultima 24000NEW
The 64" sheet width has become increasingly popular in pressrooms, and the PlateRite Ultima 24000 series is ideally equipped to accelerate plate production for this very large format. The availability of dual plate loading and twin imaging heads significantly improves output efficiency.
The PlateRite Ultima 24000 is perfect for imaging not only large-format plates, but also pairs of smaller plates. Depending upon the configuration, the PlateRite Ultima 24000 can image two plates together on the drum consecutively or simultaneously.
- The PlateRite Ultima 24000 images plates as large as 68.9" x 55.1" and as small as 19.7" x 21.7" for a wide range of plate format support. The platesetter supports imaging resolutions from 1,200 dpi to 2,540 dpi.
- The PlateRite Ultima 24000S is capable of producing 23 full-size plates per hour. When imaging two smaller plates side by side, the platesetter can produce 36 plates per hour. The 24000SX outputs 28 full-size plates per hour or 44 plates’ smaller plates per hour when imaged side by side.
- The PlateRite Ultima 24000Z delivers 33 full-size plates per hour. Twin imaging heads can be used to simultaneously expose dual-loaded plates side by side at the rate of 58 plates per hour. The PlateRite Ultima 24000ZX images 38 plates per hour or 68 plates per hour with dual feeding.
PlateRite Ultima 36000NEW
With offset presses on the market capable of handling plates larger than 72" wide, printing companies need a reliable, productive platesetter to supply these jumbo-size machines. The PlateRite Ultima 36000 is a multi-format platesetter that easily satisfies the plate requirements of high-output sheetfed and web presses within commercial, magazine, book and package printing environments.
This highly flexible CTP system handles plate sizes from 19.7" x 21.7" to 82.6" x 62.9" with remarkable speed and precision. Even full-size plates benefit from the renowned automatic plate handling found in all Screen CTP devices. Imaging resolutions from 1,200 dpi to 2,540 dpi are standard.
One feature common to PlateRite Ultima series platesetters is the ability to load 8-page and smaller plates two at a time. This effectively makes them the fastest 8-up platesetters in the world. For example, a full set of 8-up punched plates can be produced for a 12-unit press in just 10 minutes.
With VLF plates, inline punching is particularly important for press accuracy. Inline punching has been proven to save hundreds of hours a year on press. Screen is unique in offering inline punching as a standard feature on our VLF machines.
- The PlateRite Ultima 36000S outputs 19 full-size plates per hour. With dual plate loading, the output rises to 36 plates per hour. The PlateRite Ultima 36000SX images 23 full-size plates per hour or 44 smaller plates per hour with dual plate loading.
- The PlateRite Ultima 36000Z can image 29 full-size plates every hour. Twin exposure heads on the PlateRite 36000Z simultaneously image two smaller plates side by side, for a maximum hourly throughput of 58 plates.
- The PlateRite Ultima 36000ZX images 33 full-size plates per hour. Imaging two smaller plates simultaneously, it outputs 68 plates per hour.
PlateRite Ultima 40000NEW
Screen developed the PlateRite Ultima 40000 to satisfy the plate needs of 80-page web presses.
The PlateRite Ultima 40000 combines Screen's expertise in laser imaging technology, reliability and ease of use into a powerfully productive unit. It features a space-saving design but is still capable of output onto plates up 89.7" x 62.9", the equivalent of 80 A4-size pages.
- The PlateRite Ultima 40000 accommodates a minimum plate size of 25.6" x 21.7". Four imaging resolutions are offered: 1,200 dpi, 2,400 dpi, 2,438 dpi and 2,540 dpi.
- The PlateRite Ultima 40000S outputs 17 full-size plates per hour at 2,400 dpi.
- The high-speed PlateRite Ultima 40000SX produces 22 full-size plates per hour at 2,400 dpi.
PlateRite Ultima 48000NEW
The PlateRite Ultima 48000 series will enable printing companies to achieve the highest level of productivity possible from the newest generation of 80-page and 96-page commercial web offset presses.
With the PlateRite Ultima 48000, Screen brings to the graphics industry a unit capable of imaging significantly larger plates than CTP recorders previously available on the market. Users can take full advantage of the world's largest web presses.
This versatile system ensures precise imaging onto plate sizes up to 114.1" x 53.1", the equivalent of 96 A4-size pages. It also handles plates as small as 25.6" x 21.7" to satisfy diverse printing applications. A flexible range of imaging resolutions is offered: 1,200 dpi, 2,400 dpi, 2,438 dpi and 2,540 dpi.
The PlateRite Ultima 48000S outputs 13 full-size plates per hour at 2,400 dpi, while the high-speed PlateRite Ultima 48000SX produces 17 full-size plates per hour at 2,400 dpi.