PRODUCT LIMITED WARRANTY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions herein apply to the limited warranty provided by FUJIFILM Business Innovation Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. [Company No: 199202000004 (993478-A)] (“FUJIFILM Business Innovation”) in respect of any Fujifilm branded printer (“Product”) purchased from an authorised dealer or directly from FUJIFILM Business Innovation (“Limited Warranty”):
1. The Limited Warranty is valid for the Product purchased by the original purchaser (“Purchaser”) in Malaysia and is not transferable or assignable in any event.
2. The coverage of the Limited Warranty are:
(a) The Product shall be provided with a limited warranty against genuine manufacturing defect in material and/or workmanship under the normal use, subject to the terms and conditions herein.
(b) The proven defective Product or part(s) thereof which is covered under the Limited Warranty to be repaired or replaced (replacement of the Product or part(s) will be of serviceable quality, may not be a new or comparable model) by FUJIFILM Business Innovation shall be determined at FUJIFILM Business Innovation’s sole discretion. Any Product or part(s) thereof replaced shall remain the property of FUJIFILM Business Innovation.
(c) If there is any suspected fault or issue with the Product, the Purchaser shall escalate the fault or issue to FUJIFILM Business Innovation through its designated customer careline or e-mail address as follow:
Customer careline : 1300-88-1163
E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
(d) FUJIFILM Business Innovation will use its best effort to guide and assist the Purchaser to diagnose the fault or issue with the Product remotely via telephone or e-mail. The Purchaser must have used reasonable efforts to check that the method of use or operation of the Product is in accordance with any operating instruction or manual provided and/or implement the diagnosis in accordance with FUJIFILM Business Innovation instruction.
(e) Unless otherwise specified, the Limited Warranty is valid for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase (“Warranty Period”) and only valid for the purchase of the Product in Malaysia.
(f) If the fault or issue cannot be solved remotely through telephone or e-mail, FUJIFILM Business Innovation will provide on-site support to the Purchaser. FUJIFILM Business Innovation will provide repair or replacement of Product in question or part(s) covered by the Limited Warranty during the Warranty Period without charge.
(g) For the avoidance of doubt, the Purchaser shall bear all costs and expenses (including insurance, handling, transportation, and/or delivery) in respect of the servicing of the Product and a fee is chargeable at FUJIFILM Business Innovation’s prevailing rate if:
- service(s) are found to be out of scope of this Agreement; and/or
(h) The Limited Warranty shall not include the following:
- provision of consumables necessary for the operation of the Product or throughput media in any form of material (including but not limited to toner cartridge, ink cartridge, toner bottle, fuser assembly, drum cartridge, fuser oil kit, waster toner cartridge and paper);
- accessories and optional items (including power adapter, cable and connector);
- software drivers, utility program and applicable software supplied with the Product;
- normal wear and tear;
- on-site installation or replacement of consumable supplies or items that are considered customer replaceable;
- perform printer driver installation;
- clearing of paper jam, other than those resulting from a manufacturing defect;
- provision of software or firmware updates or upgrades;
- provision of support for software not supplied by FUJIFILM Business Innovation;
- non-Fujifilm branded products and software and any other peripherals used in connection with the Product
3. FUJIFILM Business Innovation shall reserve the right to void the Limited Warranty and shall have no obligation to provide service and/or be liable to the Purchaser for any damage or loss sustained by the Purchaser in the following circumstances:
(a) the serial number label on the Product is torn, removed or tampered;
(b) loss, damage or defect to the Product or the Product fails to operate/function properly due to:
- negligence, improper use, mishandling and/or misuse of the Product, including use that is contrary to the instructions provided as set out in the Product’s user manual;
- service and maintenance on the Product by anyone other than FUJIFILM Business Innovation or an authorised service provider of FUJIFILM Business Innovation;
- unauthorised tampering with, disassembly of, service repair, alteration or modification to the Product;
- failure to properly prepare, package and transport the Product when the Product is delivered to FUJIFILM Business Innovation for repair;
- force majeure event;
- the use of consumables and/or parts that not original or do not meet specification recommended by FUJIFILM Business Innovation for the Product;
- use of the Product in an unsuitable physical or operating environment not conforming with the operation specifications set forth in the Product's documentation;
- improper use of or in connection with incompatible devices, media or external storage; and/or
- failure to perform maintenance and cleaning as prescribed in the Product’s user manual;
If FUJIFILM Business Innovation agrees to provide service and replacement of any part due to the circumstances in clause 2 herein, such service and replacement of any part shall be charged at FUJIFILM Business Innovation’s prevailing rate even during the Warranty Period.
4. In the event the defective Product is beyond repair, a replacement of the Product will be provided subject to the following terms and conditions:
(a) The replacement Product may be a brand new unit or a like for like product. If the specific model of the Product is no longer available in the market, FUJIFILM Business Innovation reserves the right to determine the appropriate and equivalent model to replace the Product;
(b) The replacement Product does not include consumables, document pack, AC power cord and peripherals;
(c) Any replacement Product shall inherit the remaining months of the Warranty Period;
(d) Under any circumstances, FUJIFILM Business Innovation reserves the right to put on hold any replacement Product for further investigation, if necessary.
5. The Limited Warranty must be registered online at https://support-fb.fujifilm.com/warranty/warranty-registration by the Purchaser within fourteen (14) days from the date of purchase. The Purchaser is required to provide full and accurate particulars of or in relation to the Product, including without limitation the date of purchase and serial number and to retain the purchase receipt for verification purpose. Subject to each of the Product’s entitlement and revision by FUJIFILM Business Innovation from time to time without prior notice, the Purchaser may be granted for an additional warranty period (as may be determined by FUJIFILM Business Innovation) upon completion of the online registration.
6. All decisions made by FUJIFILM Business Innovation in respect of servicing of the Product (including repairs, replacements or issues relating to the defects or workmanship or material) shall be conclusive and the Purchaser agrees to be bound by such decision.
7. FUJIFILM Business Innovation reserves the rights to vary the terms and conditions without prior notice to the Purchaser.
8. Except as expressly provided to the contrary herein, FUJIFILM Business Innovation:
(a) excludes all terms and conditions, warranties, undertakings, inducements or representations whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise relating in any way to the Product; and
(b) shall not be liable to the Purchaser in respect of any loss, damage, injury, claims, demands, costs or expenses however caused, which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise in respect of the supply or use of the Product.
9. The Limited Warranty including the terms and conditions herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.