FUJINON lenses’ unique “4D High Resolution” performance
"4D High Resolution" is high resolution performance unique to FUJINON lenses. It maintains a highly consistent image sharpness from the center to the edges, while mitigating degradation of resolution caused by changes in the shooting distance or aperture. This enables consistent delivery of high-resolution images under a wide variety of installation and shooting conditions.
1.Floating design technology
Degradation of resolution can be minimized even when the shooting distance is changed
2.Eccentricity adjustment technology
Retaining consistent resolution to the periphery of the image
- Misalignment of the axis of the lenses during the manufacturing process prevents the intended performance from being exhibited. It is crucial to align the axis of the lenses to the micrometer level during its manufacturing process.
- The HF-12M series realized high-resolution consistent all the way to the periphery of the image. This is accomplished by detecting all lens core misalignment using proprietary inspection equipment of Fujifilm manufacturing technology and aligning the whole lens constructions with micrometer level adjustments.
Lenses are misaligned
"4D High Resolution" lenses
General machine vision camera
- Fujifilm’s proprietary manufacturing technology is utilized by applying the precision technology needed for manufacturing broadcast lenses that require high-dimensional and consistent qualities, to the manufacturer of miniature lenses such as camera modules for mobile phones.
3. Glass matching technology (Fujifilm original optical design software “FOCUS”)
Controls the drop in resolution caused by changing aperture value
"4D High Resolution"
This video explains FUJINON lenses' unique "4D High Resolution" performance.
[video] FUJINON 4HDR Machine Vision Lenses design, features, tests and technology
FUJINON Anti Shock and Vibration
1.Optical axis shift (image deviation) can be suppressed to 10um or less.
- In the case of ordinary machine vision lenses, the optical axis shift occurs when shock moves lenses from their initial position and it affects the lenses ability to provide highly precise measurement.
Fujifilm’s unique mechanical design*1 paired with FUJINON Anti-Shock performance suppresses the optical axis shift less than 10um*2 even when shock up to 10G*3 is present.
Axis shift when given repeated shocks
2. Can be used in environments with harsh vibrations.
- The ordinary machine vision lenses have problems of toughness under working environment where vibration occurs.
FUJINON Anti-Vibration performance has passed vibration test conforming to IEC60068-2-6. This feature helps to keep both the mechanical and optical elements in their original position while maintaining superb resolution.
【Compliant with IEC60068-2-6】
・ Vibration frequency of 10-60Hz (amplitude of 0.75mm),
60-500Hz (acceleration of 100m/S2)
・ Sweep frequency of 50 cycles
3.Suppresses aged deterioration and provides advanced installation convenience.
- Fujifilm original mechanical design minimizes the use of adhesive to avoid aged deterioration that can be caused by humidity and heat in the production line.
- The variable throttle mechanism does not require iris parts to be changed and allows easier installation.
Anti Shock & Vibration / function
The video explains the anti-shock and vibration function, suppression of age deterioration, and our pursuit of ease-of-installation.
[video] FUJINON Anti-Shock & Vibration lenses features, function, and test results
FUJINON lenses’ unique High Relative Illumination「HRI」 technology
High-precision glass mold aspherical lens technology
Achieving both miniaturization and low distortion
- In lens design, reducing the number of lenses and forming an image by abruptly bending light that enters the lens achieves miniaturization. Distortion cannot be controlled if the lenses are only composed of the commonly used spherical lens. However, the aspherical lens can yield the same results of using multiple spherical lenses, enabling the control of distortion with far fewer lenses.
- Aspherical lenses require precision processing. Fujifilm can design and manufacturer aspherical lens within its own group. The precision processing required in the design stage and its mass production is realized by accurate die machining technology.
- The HF-12M series realizes both miniaturization and low distortion by implementing the high-precision glass mold aspherical lenses.