Our Commitment to Privacy
The Information We Collect
The information we collect falls into two broad categories: (1) information you voluntarily provide to us and (2) information that is automatically collected.
Information you voluntarily provide to us
Generally, you can visit FUJIFILM's site without providing any personal or sensitive personal data. However, on some pages, we collect personal data in order to provide a service or carry out a transaction requested by you. See below for what personal data is collected and how it is used. We may also ask for feedback relating to our goods or services. Participation is voluntary and you are not required to provide this information. There generally is no negative effect on you if you choose not to provide your personal data. However, since personal data may be needed to process an order, if you choose not to participate, we may not be able to perform a requested service or complete a transaction.
Information Collected Automatically
- What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies help to track user trends and patterns and also relieve users from having to re-enter their preferences on certain areas of the site where they have previously entered preference information. The cookie types we use to collect personal data and non-personal data include the following attributes: session cookies, persistent cookies, third-party cookies.
- What is a web beacon? A web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel that is placed on a website or in an email that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or opening the email. It is often used in combination with cookies. We use web beacons to access cookies and to count users who visit our site or open email messages. We collect this information to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on our site. We sometimes use the non-identifying and aggregate information that is collected as described above to enhance the design of our site and help us understand the needs of our visitors.
- What is a “Share” button? Our website also contains “Share” buttons. Any user who wishes to share content in this manner must have already provided login credentials to the “Share” site. We do not collect any user login information for third-party “Share” sites including those listed below. We have no influence regarding the scope of the data which is collected with the aid of the “Share” buttons, and therefore can only provide you with information for the third-party sites that have been or are integrated into our website as follows:
- AddThis, operated by the company AddThis, LLC, 8000 Westpark Dr., Suite 625, McLean, VA 22102, USA (“AddThis”). Further information on data protection and processing by AddThis as well as your options for settings and your rights can be viewed at www.addthis.com/privacy.
- Facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). Your rights can be viewed at www.facebook.com/policy.php.
- Twitter, operated by Twitter, Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. Your rights can be viewed at https://about.twitter.com/en_us/company/brand-resources.html.
- G+ button of the social network Google Plus, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Your rights can be viewed at www.google.com/intl/policies/policies/privacy/.
- Pinterest, Pinterest Trademark Agent, 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA. Your rights can be viewed at www.pinterest.com/about/privacy.
- LinkedIn, LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Your rights can be viewed at www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
- Tumblr, Tumblr, Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003, USA. Your rights can be viewed at https://www.tumblr.com/privacy.
- Gmail, Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Your rights can be viewed at www.google.com/intl/policies/policies/privacy/.
- Digg, Digg Holdings, LLC, 109 S 5th St., Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA. Your rights can be viewed at www.digg.com/privacy.
How We Use Your Information
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal data except where we are authorized or required by law to do so without consent. California consumers may click here for a more fulsome review of how FUJIFILM uses your personal information.
In general, consent may be express or implied. We process personal data for these service- and business-related purposes:
- Account creation: We use personal data such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number to set up and administer your account and to provide customer support and training, send important account and service information, and to allow us to communicate with you. To verify that you are a customer, we may also ask for your system’s serial number.
- Sales orders and service: We use personal data such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and financial and bank information including credit card numbers in order to provide service for a product or for product orders.
- Product registration and warranty: We use personal data such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and product information for registration and warranty purposes, and to communicate to you regarding these services.
- Marketing purposes: We use personal data such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number to send marketing communications and to respond to inquiries about FUJIFILM, products, services, and events to you across various platforms, such as email, phone, text messaging, direct mail and online. We may also collect information about the quality and success of our email marketing (e.g., by analyzing the opening or click rates of our emails). We may also use personal data, including photos and images, and related “ image data” captured by your image capture device, if applicable, to enhance algorithms and analytics to improve our products and services, provide personalized product recommendations, and enhance your user experience. For more information on the use of photos and images, and related “ image data,” see the section below Your Photos.
- Sweepstakes and contest entries: We use personal data such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number for entry into sweepstakes and contests.
- Surveys and polls: If you choose to participate in a survey or poll, any personal data, such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number you provide may be used for marketing or market research purposes.
- Career and applicant purposes: We use personal data such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number to communicate during the recruitment process regarding potential careers at FUJIFILM.
- Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal data for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or to combat fraud. We may also use personal data to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
When We Share Personal Data
FUJIFILM will not provide personal data to any third party or use the information for an undisclosed purpose except as otherwise noted at the point where the information is collected and where necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations as described below. We share personal data in accordance with data privacy and security requirements, and we occasionally will share non-personal, anonymized, and statistical data with third parties. We make appropriate efforts to ensure that the entities we share personal data with do not further distribute the information such as entering into non-disclosure agreements.
California consumers may click here for a more fulsome review of with whom FUJIFILM shares your personal information.
- Within FUJIFILM and the FUJIFILM Group: FUJIFILM is comprised of a global operation with offices and locations around the world. They are supported by a variety of global teams and functions situated in other organizations within the FUJIFILM Group. Personal data may be shared with FUJIFILM and with the FUJIFILM Group if needed to provide services or fulfill product orders, for account administration, to facilitate sales and marketing, for customer and technical support, and to promote business and product development. Please click here https://global.fujifilm.com/en/all-regions/ to see a list of FUJIFILM Group locations where we may process personal data.
- With third-party service providers. We have third-party service providers around the world. Personal data will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfill the services they provide to us such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising, including for marketing purposes, enhance algorithms and analytics to improve our products and services, provide personalized product recommendations, and enhance your user experience; data analytics; and order fulfillment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal data we make available to them for any purpose other than to fulfill their obligations to FUJIFILM.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We will share personal data when we believe we are legally required to, such as:
- Under applicable law or by legal process such as a court order.
- To prevent physical harm or property damage, and to protect our rights, users, systems and services.
- As part of an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful conduct.
- To comply with and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
How we store and process personal data
- All personal data input by you through the use of this site is submitted directly to FUJIFILM in the United States. By submitting your personal data through this site, you are hereby consenting to transfer of your personal data to FUJIFILM in the United States.
- Your personal data submitted through this site will be shared with the local sales office of FUJIFILM relevant to your geographical location in order to provide you with services, products and support specific to your location, and it is likely that any marketing communications will be sent to you by the local sales office in your region.
How we secure personal data
FUJIFILM takes the security of personal data it collects and retains seriously. We are committed to safeguarding it and protecting against unauthorized access to, or use of, our information assets and any other anticipated threats or hazards to the security and integrity of such assets. Measures we take to safeguard personal data include appropriate policies and procedures to address risk management, appropriate restrictions on access to personal data; monitoring and physical measures for the secure storage and transfer of personal data; training for employees and contractors with access to personal data; and vendor risk management requiring contractual obligations to protect any personal data with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures. For more information on FUJIFILM’s information security program, please click here.
How long we keep personal data
FUJIFILM has policies and procedures relating to the retention of personal data based upon a classification scheme consisting of business functions and process areas, and the classification and types of data and records. We retain personal data for as long as we reasonably require it for business and legal purposes. In determining data retention periods, FUJIFILM considers contractual and legal obligations, and the expectations and requirements of customers, vendors, suppliers and others who share their personal data with us. When we no longer need personal data, we securely delete or destroy it.
FUJIFILM values the trust you put in us when you share or upload content, including photos and images, that may include personal information about you or others. We use your photos and images, and “image data” captured by your image capture device, for marketing purposes, to enhance algorithms and analytics to improve our products and services, provide personalized product recommendations, and enhance your user experience; data analytics; order fulfillment and delivery; and may share your photos or images, and related image data, within the FUJIFILM Group and with third-party business partners and service providers for these purposes, but do not sell it for any purpose. We do not use your photos or images in public advertisements, although they may be incorporated into product recommendations. Photos and images are retained by FUJIFILM to fulfill services requested by you and then promptly deleted. You may opt out or unsubscribe from receiving communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the communication or by contacting us at InfoSec-NA@fujifilm.com.
European rights regarding Personal Data
European residents may click here for information on rights to access, correct, or delete European resident personal data.
California rights regarding Personal Information
California consumers may click here for information on rights to opt out, access, or delete California consumer personal information.
To opt out of marketing email, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us. You may also use the “Contact Us” option within the relevant service to opt out and elect not to receive further emails from us. Please provide the name of the FUJIFILM company or the email address from which you are receiving electronic communications.
Our Special Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16. If you are younger than 16, you may not use this website.
Do Not Track
"Do Not Track" is a privacy preference that you can set in most browsers that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests at this time.
How to contact us
- You may contact us via email at InfoSec-NA@fujifilm.com or via mail at FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, Attn: Information Security, 200 Summit Lake Drive, Valhalla, New York, 10595 USA.
- For marketing preferences and services support relating to updating your account information or email marketing preferences, or for technical support or other help with services, please use the “Contact Us” option for the relevant service.
European residents’ rights to access, correct, or delete European resident personal data
This section supplements the information above and applies solely to European residents. This section is to comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that provides European residents the right to access and control their personal data. We will endeavor to respond to requests for information about personal data and, where applicable will correct, amend, or delete European residents’ personal data.
- Access to personal data: Requests for European residents’ access to personal data should be submitted via the “Contact Us” option within the relevant service used or by sending us an email at InfoSec-NA@fujifilm.com. We will comply with requests for access to your personal data, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to any of your personal data we maintain within 30 days of your access request. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will inform you when we will be able to provide access. In the event that we cannot provide you access to this information, we will explain why we cannot do so. We will ask for proof of your identity in order to confirm your identity and that you are seeking access to personal data belonging to you, and also sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data.
- Correction to and deletion of personal data: The GDPR also provides European residents with the right to correct or amend personal data if it is inaccurate or requires updating, and also the right to request deletion of your personal data. Due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors, this is not always possible. Remember that account information may be corrected, deleted, or updated by using the “Contact Us” option within the relevant service. For inquiries of this nature, please contact us at InfoSec-NA@fujifilm.com.
- Choices: Some personal data is necessary in order to provide certain services. However, you may choose to limit FUJIFILM’s use of your personal data by adjusting your browser settings, opting out, or you may contact us at InfoSec-NA@fujifilm.com for more information regarding your choices. Since personal data may be needed to process an order, if you choose not to participate, we may not be able to perform a requested service or complete a transaction.
- Filing a Complaint: EU residents have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator in the event of dissatisfaction with how FUJIFILM manages their personal data. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. Please contact us at InfoSec-NA@fujifilm.com with any requests related to your personal data.
California Consumer Information
This section supplements the information above and applies solely to California consumers. This section is to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) that provides California residents the right to access and control their “Personal Information,” which is defined by the CCPA as information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer.
Personal Information as defined by the CCPA does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated California consumer’s Personal Information.
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIS) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
FUJIFILM will endeavor to respond to California consumers’ requests for information about their Personal Information, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, and, where applicable and subject to compliance and legal obligations, will opt out of the sale (if applicable), correct, amend, or delete a California consumer’s Personal Information.
There are only two instances where California consumer Personal Information is collected directly by a U.S. FUJIFILM company: by FUJIFILM for job applicants and by FUJIFILM North America Corporation, which provides FUJIFILM’s U.S.-based consumer products and services, including photo printing, digital and Instax® cameras, film, binoculars, and sports optics, as well as the Wonder Photo Shop, a retail store based in New York City. FUJIFILM North America Corporation also is a service provider to certain nationwide retail stores and other partners to fulfill photo printing and personalized photo product orders, and may receive California consumer Personal Information to provide services to these Third Party Business Partners..
Therefore, outside of job applicants, the collection and/or processing of California consumers’ Personal Information regulated by the CCPA is limited to interactions between California consumers and FUJIFILM North America Corporation, and as a service provider to certain nationwide retail stores and other partners to fulfill photo printing and personalized photo product orders.
California Resident Personal Information collected by FUJIFILM
During the last twelve (12) months, FUJIFILM collected the following categories of Personal Information from California consumers:
- Personal Identifiers: such as first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, signature, physical characteristics or description, credit/debit card number or other financial information, medical information or health insurance information, username and passwords for account creation, and similar identifiers;
- Other Identifiers: such as IP address or other unique identifiers;
- Commercial Information: such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, payment information and transaction history, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other similar network activity: such as browsing history and type, operating system, page views, traffic to and from websites, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement;
- Visual Electronic Information: such as photos and images, and related image data, you may send to us; and
- Inferences drawn from other personal information: such as profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitude drawn from purchase or browsing history.
FUJIFILM collects the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from customers, such as from forms submitted on FUJIFILM’s websites for product warranty and registration, photo printing and personalized photo product fulfillment, customer service transactions with the service center, entries into sweepstakes and contests, and job applications.
- Third-Party Applications, such as social networks.
- Third-Party Business Partners, such as service providers, retail stores or website marketing partners.
- Third Party Data Resellers, such as through contact lists that FUJIFILM purchased or rented for purposes of sending marketing-type communications.
FUJIFILM’s use of California Consumer Personal Information
FUJIFILM may use or disclose California consumer Personal Information listed above for one or more of the following business purposes:
|Business or Commercial Purposes||Categories of CA Personal Information||Sources of CA Personal Information||Third Party Sharing|
|Provide requested services, such as fulfilling orders for products or services, responding to inquiries, processing payment, facilitating delivery||Personal Identifiers; Other Identifiers; Commercial Information; Internet or other similar network activity; Visual Information||Consumers; Third-Party Applications; Third-Party Business Partners||FUJIFILM Group; Third-Party Business Partners|
|Account creation and management for services and products||Personal Identifiers; Other Identifiers; Commercial Information; Internet or other similar network activity; Visual Information||Consumers||Third-Party Business Partners|
|Enhancing algorithms and analytics to improve our products and services, provide personalized product recommendations, and enhance your user experience.||Personal Identifiers; Other Identifiers; Commercial Information; Internet or other similar network activity; Visual Information; Inferences drawn from other personal information||Consumers; Third-Party Applications; Third-Party Business Partners, Advertising Networks||FUJIFILM Group; Third-Party Business Partners|
|Help monitor and maintain the security and functionality of Fujifilm property and IT systems||Personal Identifiers; Other Identifiers; Commercial Information; Internet or other similar network activity; Visual Information||Consumers; Third-Party Applications, Third-Party Business Partners||FUJIFILM Group, Third-Party Business Partners|
|Communicate with you, including relevant newsletters, promotions including contest and sweepstakes, event registrations, account information, product and service information, including from Affiliates||Personal Identifiers; Other Identifiers; Commercial Information; Internet or other similar network activity; Visual Information; Inferences drawn from other personal information||Consumers; Third-Party Applications; Third-Party Business Partners; Advertising Networks; Third-Party Data Resellers||FUJIFILM Group; Advertising Networks; Social Networks; Third-Party Business Partners.|
|For compliance and legal obligations, and to exercise our legal rights||Personal Identifiers; Other Identifiers; Commercial Information; Internet or other similar network activity; Visual Information; Inferences drawn from other personal information||Consumers; Third-Party Applications; Third-Party Business Partners||FUJIFILM Group; Third-Party Business Partners|
For more detailed information on the use and disclosure of photos, images and related image data, please see the Your Photos section above.
FUJIFILM will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing notice to the California consumer, unless required or permitted by applicable laws.
Sharing California Consumer Personal Information
FUJIFILM may disclose California consumer Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, FUJIFILM has disclosed the following categories of California consumer Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Personal Identifiers
- Other Identifiers
- Commercial Information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Visual Information
FUJIFILM does not sell California consumer Personal Information.
California Consumers’ Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes California consumers’ rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Access. California consumers have the right to request certain information be disclosed to them about FUJIFILM’s collection, use, disclosure and sale of their Personal Information over the proceding twelve (12) months, subject to certain exceptions.
- Deletion. The CCPA provides California consumers the right to request deletion of their Personal Information collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- Exercising Access, and Deletion Rights. Only a California consumer or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that is authorized to act on a California consumer’s behalf (“Authorized Agent”) may make a request to exercise the access, and deletion rights described above. Requests may also be made on behalf of a minor child. Requests for access may only be made twice within a 12-month period. Requests must:
- provide sufficient information that allows FUJIFILM to reasonably verify the requestor is the person about whom the Personal Information is collected or an Authorized Agent and
- describe the request with sufficient detail that allows FUJIFILM to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Requests should be made to the entity that collected the California consumer’s Personal Information. If FUJIFILM determines that another entity collected the Personal Information and shared it to FUJIFILM as a service provider, the requestor will be directed to submit the request to the entity that collected the Personal Information.
California consumers or Authorized Agents may submit requests under the CCPA to FUJIFILM by:
- completing and electronically submitting the form found here,
- calling FUJIFILM at (844) 901-2001, or
- sending an email to FUJIFILM at CCPA-NA@fujifilm.com.
FUJIFILM cannot respond to requests or provide Personal Information if it is unable to verify a requestor’s identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to the requestor. Making a request does not require you to create an account with FUJIFILM. Personal Information provided for identity verification for such requests will only be used to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
- Identity Verification Requirements. The CCPA requires a verification process to confirm the identity of a California consumer who is exercising their rights as described above. If an Authorized Agent is being utilized for a request under the CCPA, FUJIFILM will require proof of the Authorized Agent’s authority for the particular California consumer and the identity verification will occur directly with the California consumer about whom the request is being made. If verification is necessary and the California consumer or its Authorized Agent making the request cannot or does not provide the additional requested information, the request may be denied.
Depending on the type, sensitivity, and value of the Personal Information, the risk of harm posed by any unauthorized access or deletion, the likelihood that fraudulent or malicious actors might seek the information, whether the identity verification process is sufficiently robust to protect against fraudulent requests or being spoofed or fabricated, the nature of the transaction between the California consumer and FUJIFILM, and available technology for verification:
- Our Verification process may include using existing authentication practices or matching two or three additional data points, and may also include submitting a declaration.
- Non-Discrimination. FUJIFILM will not discriminate against a California consumer for exercising any rights under the CCPA.
Thank you for visiting FUJIFILM’s site.
© 2020 FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation. All rights reserved.