How Does Robotic Process Automation Work?
FUJIFILM Business Innovation’s Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions automate repetitive tasks within a company’s operation processes, freeing employees to focus on higher value activities. Robotic Process Automation offers many benefits such as streamlining workflows and improving employee engagement, ultimately helping companies achieve better business performance.
Designed to automate business processes by simulating human activities, Robotic Process Automation is changing the way we work and offers companies a competitive advantage. Traditionally, digital transformation is a time-consuming process, which takes years to complete. With the adoption of Robotic Process Automation solutions, it significantly shortens the processing time to several weeks, making the implementation easier and faster.
Undoubtedly, Robotic Process Automation delivers direct profitability and improved accuracy and governance. Its unique adaptability to changing circumstances, exceptions and new situations is an advantage that makes Robotic Process Automation distinguished from traditional IT automation.
By building the Centre of Excellence (CoE), the accumulated knowledge of Robotic Process Automation can be retained and reused upon business needs.
From the internal business process optimisation to external communication improvement, the FUJIFILM Business Innovation Hong Kong’s RPA solutions are here to bring you to the next generation of business management for operational needs.
Features of Robotic Process Automation
- Mimic human actions, e.g. login, read, write, edit, move, delete, calculate and more
- Support web and desktop applications, mainframe, business applications (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Salesforces, Workday, and more), Citrix, email automation, MS office automation and IT Automation (e.g. PowerShell integration)
- Capture information and data, including screen scraping, web scraping, text-based extraction, OCR, computer vision (bots will see screen objects contextually)
- Centralised configuration and licensing
Benefits of Robotic Process Automation
Through rules based programming, RPA software robotics can take over repetitive tasks by mimicking the human interactions it tracks in a user interface. Robotic Process Automation also automates routine business operations such as invoicing customers, sending out sales literature, managing inventory, conducting marketing campaigns, generating reports, monitoring compliance requirements, performing quality assurance checks, and much more.
- Speed up processes: Employing RPA solutions will improve business efficiency in handling high-volume and repeatable tasks. It also enables employees to devote more time on other higher-value works so as to boost productivity.
- Reducing human errors: By accelerating your processes in customer management, Robotic Process Automation’s benefits include increasing customer satisfaction and your market competitiveness. RPA also provides speedy services with optimised accuracy and reduces the risk of human errors.
- Reducing costs: Businesses can save money by reducing labour costs through automation — there’s no need for any employees to handle tasks manually anymore.
- Increased scalability of workflows: Workflow automation tools help companies streamline business processes through the use of Robotic Process Automation technology. These applications allow businesses to create workflows that eliminate manual data entry, increase productivity, and optimise operations.
Applications of Robotic Process Automation
- Account payable process and reconciliation
- Compliance verification
- Customer and employee onboarding process
- Expense claims process
- IT services management process
- Customer service process
Streamlining processes and enhancing customer experience for a major food importer that has a fast-growing food service division and expanding market share in the hotel and restaurant industry.
- Tedious manual delivery note operation, prone to human error, confusion and unnecessary repetitive work
- Inefficient account receivable process involving manual amendment and input of delivery status and month-end statement consolidation
- Risk of delayed manual submission of import/export customs declaration leading to penalty and unclear shipping status
Productivity doubled with improved cash flow, accurate stock projection and big data for product launch market analysis
Delivery & accounts receivable process improvement
Real-time delivery status and big data of logistics statistics supporting timely and accurate invoicing
Efficient record searching
Well-managed transaction records for easy and fast searching, releasing manpower to other high-value tasks
Manage Your Workflows with FUJIFILM Business Innovation
FUJIFILM Business Innovation strives to drive your business’ digital transformation through RPA. Other than Robotic Process Automation, our extensive suite of solutions & services include industry solutions, IT & Cloud and Smart Workstyle solutions. To learn more about how to help your business gain an advantage over your competitors, contact our friendly team of representatives now.